Saturday, September 10, 2011

My new book club adventure!

Recently some friends of mine thought it would be a good idea to get a book club together. I was a little weary at first, not because I don't love books. Anyone who knows me knows my extreme love for books. I was just unsure about whether we could all agree on one type of book. Everyone has different taste. I tend to lean more towards fiction novels including mysteries and stories with a strong female lead. I am happy to report that the book club is a big hit in my book. Our official name is "Perspectives". The name fits our group like a glove. We are 5 strong woman who all come from different backgrounds. We all have different takes on the books we read and bring that to the table every couple months. I believe that this book club will make me not only a better writer but a better person. I am am learning how to speak my mind and get my points across strategically. Our next meeting is October 2nd. I am finishing up our book "Committed" in anticipation of our next gathering. I will be updating with my ideas soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment