Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kids Anyone?



Hey Guys! I want to say "Hello" to all my new follower's! Thank's for joining us. I love comments and discussion so feel free to leave notes. I have started the third book in the Emily Giffin series called "Baby Proof" I haven't really been able to relate to the main character yet. The main character's name is claudia. She is a 30 year old professional. She is happily married to Ben, and decided a long time ago that she did not want any kids, which brings along the main plot of the story. Someone in the marriage changes their mind. I am a 29 year old professional, who has not begun to think about kids...Until Now. I would love to have at least 1 child, but I do feels like there are still things that need to come first, like marriage and a bigger saving's account. People I know who have kids say that you will never be fully prepared. You just make it work! I definitely hear that side of the argument. I came from a very loving family. We were never lacking in the hugs department. My mom and dad were good at that. There were tough times though for a family of five. What do you all think? Is it better to wait till you are fully prepared or go on faith?

6 comments:

  1. well, going on faith depends on your understanding of faith. faith also means believing in doing something in correct measures, to and have faith that when you do, its right, not just if it happens i have faith that i will be okay. My answer is obvious wait til you are mentally prepared for we are never fully prepared. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sidne, you can be prepared, but never ready for Kids. . . buy if you have faith, and pray when the time is right God will make you ready. Having kids I PERSONALLY think is something to be wanted, I do not think that people who don't want children should have children, not saying that someone who didn't want them then changes their mind shouldn't have them but, I know that having a child is HARD!! period, its hard then gets HARDER!! (people kill me when they say "you don't understand because you don't have kids TaVida, this is hard"; my response is "YES I do that’s why my little blue pill is taken every night") but anyway. . .to answer your question, Yes wait until you prepare your self. . not just financially but mental and most important spiritually . . because God is the only one to guide you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my daughter when I was 22 and married to the love of my life. We planned her almost to the day, but we still ended up divorced, but I couldn't have asked for a better partner in parenting. My daughter has never been a pawn and has never had to choose between the two of us. But things still didn't turn out the way I planned, but I can't help but think they turned out exactly the way they were supposed to.

    Plans work for some things, but sometimes the best things in life take us completely by surprise :-) When you are ready take the step and when it's time children will come. I agree with TaVida, having a child is hard work and it takes devotion.

    I'm a new follower from book blogs...so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for the words of wisdom. I will keep it in prayer:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic and awesome blog. :)

    We had kids fast. I'm not sure we would have them if we would have waited like we'd planned.
    Even though they're busy, I'm glad they came when they did LOL!

    I'm following.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete