Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Golden Day!

I had a golden day yesterday. It was so golden that I woke up this morning wanting to do a little spring cleaning. Anyone who knows me is aware the I never voluntarily do any type of cleaning unless I have too. You might be asking yourself, what is a golden day? It can have a different meaning for everyone. A golden day for me is when I get to do what I love and then share that with other people. In this case that would be reading. I participated in the "Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon" yesterday. It was an amazing experience. People from all over the world come together to do the same precise thing for an extended period of time. On top of that you have mini-challenges, plenty of prizes and best of all it's completly free. In this fast paced, penny pincing day and age I consider that a miracle. This was my first time doing the event. I plan on signing up again for the next one in October. The leaves will be on the ground. The pumkin seeds will be roasting in the oven. It will be the perfect time to throw on a cozy knit sweater and lay by the fire place with your favorite bookin hand. Those golden day's don't come by too often, but when they do you have to reach out and grab them. "Savor the Moment" is what I like to call it. Have a golden day everyone. Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more!! Glad it turned out well. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete